Saturday, July 30, 2016

Lantaw Native Restaurant, SRP Cebu

I have been to Lantaw Native Floating Restaurant Cordova branch. And this is actually my first time to visit their branch in SRP after my kuya took us here for his birthday. Location is a bit inaccessible since there are no jeepneys passing this area & it can be hard to grab a taxi on the way home. It was good that my kuya and his girlfriend brought their cars so our family of 11 members finally got the chance to come here.

My OOTD. Don't worry I'm wearing shorts. LOL.
There's the birthday boy.
Lantaw is a Visayan term which means “to view” which is exactly what you get when visiting their restaurants may it be in Cordova, Busay, or SRP. They will never fail to give you an exquisite & breathtaking view of the mountains, the city and the sea while dining al fresco. And I just love how the natural sea breeze can keep you cool while enjoying your dinner. It simply adds to the romantic feel when you’re dining with someone special.


The place is also very Native Filipino with all 3 restaurants designed as large, high ceiling huts made from sturdy wooden materials. Tables and chairs are also made of wood and you can also choose to sit on those with large comfy sofas situated outside near the sea.



Mi familia.


Their menu is also a hodgepodge of both well-loved and exotic Filipino dishes. One of the exotic dishes I've tried is their Cordova Express which is their own version of the Bicol Express. This has shrimps in it though which gave it a bit of a twist. Their Sweet & Sour Tangigue Rolls are not bad as well and my son loved it.

Cordova Express - P165

Their new Sweet & Sour Tangigue Rolls. Forgot how much this costs. It's not on the menu.


Their Grilled Pork, Lechon Kawali & Crispy Pata are some of my fave dishes here (yes, I love pork. LOL). But the Crispy Pata broke my tooth and is the reason why I had trouble eating few days later and why I have to visit a dentist to get it extracted. LOL. It’s tasty but the skin is a little too crispy and a bit sharp. I went home with wounds on the upper roof of my mouth and a cracked tooth that day. Price of being matakaw (greedy) I guess.

Grilled Pork Belly - P195

Lechon Kawali - P240

Crispy Pata (Small) - P375. Failed to take a photo of this before it was attacked. LOL.


Other things we ordered were Pancit Canton, Tuna Belly, Calamares, and Cordova Cooler. The Cordova Cooler drink, however, was a tad too sweet for me.

Pancit Canton -P230

Tuna Belly - P240

Calamares - P250

Cordova Cooler (Big) - P190


Our verdict on the food is good. Not bad but nothing special as well. It’s really the ambiance that makes this place a winner for me. I’m not that choosy when it comes to Filipino food for as long as they don’t taste weird. And prices are also reasonable and I just love that they offer a variety of dishes to choose from! You can check their menu here.

Hubby ♥♥♥


The only thing that disappointed me here was the service. Their staff isn’t very attentive and can be quite hard to call their attention. I remember that we had to ask them twice to serve us water because the first one may have forgotten. And that when we asked the lady staff to take our orders she simply told us that she’d get someone to take our orders. Not sure if she was the manager or God knows what her role was that she couldn’t take our orders herself but she may have forgotten because after minutes of waiting nobody came to take our orders. So we had to call another waiter who finally took our order. Frustrating right? And wifi wasn’t available when we came here as well.

My baby boys, Yuan & Yuri.



Overall, I would still recommend Lantaw Native Restaurant if you & your companions are up for some serious Filipino food while away from the busy city & malls. Just bring your “patience” with you. LOL. And if you’re going with your significant other, it is best to go there before 6PM so you can catch the beautiful sunset. Totally romantic!

Address:                     Il Corso, SRP (South Road Properties), Cebu
Operating Hours:       6:00am – 10:00pm
Contact:                     0943-3631862 / 0927-5768772 / 0908-6248711
Facebook:                  Lantaw Native Restaurant
Instagram:                  Lantaw Native Restaurant Srp

1 comment:

  1. hi Eya, nice blog.
    Followed you already in Zomato. Will keep visiting for your updates.
    More power. hope to meet you in one of ZOmato's events in Cebu.

    ReplyDelete