Saturday, July 16, 2016

Good Taste Café and Restaurant, Baguio

Good Taste is a 24-hour operating Chinoy (Chinese-Filipino) restaurant in Baguio City that offers sumptuous, budget-friendly meals in generous servings. It is also the oldest and most popular restaurant in Baguio. It may in fact be one of the busiest restaurants in the city since the place is always jam-packed with customers. And guess what? They have 6 floors to accommodate all their loyal and new customers.

I just love this place which is why on my short visit to Baguio I had eaten at this place twice for both lunch and dinner. And even as I am writing this now, I can’t help but think “Why the hell is there no restaurant like this in Cebu??” *Sigh* So allow me this opportunity to share my experience here for the sake of those who are also planning to visit Baguio someday. You definitely have to try this place!

Photo from primer.com.ph


When my family and I first arrived in Baguio at almost 9 in the evening on the 30th of June 2016, my husband’s friends (who are from Baguio) recommended that we have dinner at Good Taste before heading to the apartment. To be honest, I have never thought of including this place in our Itinerary. And boy was I wrong.

When we first went inside, I wasn’t too impressed with the place. It’s big & spacious, but it has no touch of fanciness at all. It’s just really simple. Looks more like a large cafeteria with plain tables and monoblock chairs (though there are a few tables with large, brown, leather couches which we specifically chose to sit). Food and beverages are also served in plastic containers. But then again, you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover so I didn’t complain.

While waiting for our meal.
Photo by thekitchengoddess.blogspot.com






So since we didn’t know what to order, his friends decided to pick for us. They chose the Buttered Chicken, Good Taste Fried Rice and Lomi. I was a bit disappointed with the lomi because it tasted bland for me and not the usual lomi with the thick & creamy soup. However, the Buttered Chicken & Fried Rice was my hubby’s favorite – and mine too! The Buttered Chicken is actually their most popular dish and a must-try at this restaurant!

Serving proportions are really – and I mean REALLY – generous! Imagine, for the half order you’d get 8 pcs of chicken already. You get large cuts too! And you won’t believe how much it costs. Just P165!

Good Taste Fried Rice - P115 (Good for 6)


Lomi - P120 (Good for 3)

Buttered Chicken - P165 (Half : Good for 4)

My husband and I were so satisfied with our first experience at this laidback restaurant that we had to go back for lunch during our last day in Baguio. And once again, we ordered their Buttered Chicken and Good Taste Fried Rice. But this time we chose Birds Nest Soup for our soup, and added an order of their Lumpia Shanghai meal for our son, Yuri. I was actually impressed with their Lumpia Shanghai meal. It’s really good! And you’d get 9pcs of lumpia plus buttered vegetables on the side for only P90.

Just can't get enough of their fried rice.


Lumpia Shanghai Meal - P90

There were 9 lumpia but Yuri already ate some.
Birds Nest Soup - P145 (Good for 6)

Our son playing with his food.



They also sell pastries here such as cakes, pies, bread & a lot more. It was only here that I’ve tried one of the best tasting cream puffs ever! And on how generous they are on their meals, they are also that generous with their cream puff custard stuffing. Ooohhh.. Heaven! I really enjoyed eating this while strolling around Burnham Park.

Oh, that creamy goodness.


Here’s a website where you can find an updated list of their menu.

Happy customers.



Good Taste has definitely lived up to its name. Now I know why locals would always recommend this place to tourists. Their food tastes so good and people who dine here has undoubtedly good taste! And special thanks to my hubby’s good friends, Orvic and Yvette, for introducing this unforgettable restaurant. We're definitely coming back here when we get to visit Baguio again. :)

Address:                      Otek Corner, Carino St, Baguio City 2600 (near Burnham Park)
Operating Hours:         24 Hours (Closed: Saturdays & Sundays)
Contact:                       +63 2 443-7959
Facebook:                    Good Taste Cafe & Restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment